Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekend Update: Pizza!


The puppy is here to say sorry that I don't have any pictures of the weekend. Does it make up for my tiny, little absent mindedness?

I knew this was going to be a good weekend when I read the weather forecast. It promised rain, clouds and a significant drop in temperature. As it turns out, it wasn't exactly what I had hoped for, but it was good enough. When I read that it would rain on Saturday I thought I was going to wake up in the morning to the "rhythm of the falling rain". Not quite. Instead I was blinded by sunlight first thing in the morning. As the day progressed it took on that beautiful grey color and before I could say "Um-ber-ella, ella, ella" it started raining.

Meury made the most awesome chicken pie and french green bean salad. The boys were all out so it was just Angie, Meury and myself having a quiet lunch. It was a nice break from the normal weekend lunches here which are usually a bit more - how can I say this without raising concern - loud and rowdy.

Tati, Meury and I met up at the mall to check out some things, have overpriced coffee, put on a bunch of MAC makeup in colors until now not seen outside Cirque du Soleil, squeeze through throngs of less fortunate who had come from all over town to make our mall more crowded and uncool, and of course, to pay too much for parking. All in all we succeeded in doing every one of those things and we had a blast.

Meanwhile the poor les enfant were up to their ears in homework and projects they had to turn in on Monday (they did take a swim break). They were of course rewarded with brownies the day before and were firmly holding on to the promise of fun on Sunday.

Sunday. What a happy day. Fukui-san was in an especially good mood because he wasn't going to have to do anything. That's right. For the first time in months he spend the whole day on his ass. He made us all amazing Sunday morning pancakes and then proceeded to be completely useless for the rest of the day. Good for him! Andre and Lua came over for some of my super homemade pizza. I don't want to toot my own horn, but, damn! it was even better than last time.

Here are the pizza flavors we made: fresh tomato and fried garlic with parmesan cheese, Hawaiian (pineapple and canadian bacon, cheese), blue cheese and bacon, Portuguesa (onions, olives, ham, boiled eggs, parsley, cheese, olive oil), marguerita, bacon, ham and cheese (for Miojoboy).

That is so not the end of it. We had triple chocolate brownies and ice-cream for dessert. We were so full from the pizza we only ate the brownies like 3 hours later. The amazing thing about the brownies was that Miojoboy made them. I was busy washing dishes and prepping for pizza so I verbally gave him instructions and he followed them like a pro. The most precious moment for me was when he started mixing in the flour. He held the bowl tightly to him and started folding - folding! - the flour in. My God! He remembered everything. The brownies came out perfect, and I didn't do anything except put them in the oven and then take them out.

It was a massively fun pizza party and I think we'll do it again sooner rather than later. This was the best weekend I've had in a really long time and I'm just sad I didn't take any pictures of it to show you guys and make you green with envy. Next time, I guess.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, they were AWESOME pizzas!! I hope everyone who didn't get to come feels miserable that they missed it, nyahahaha!

Fletcher's brownies were SUPERB too! :)