Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday Fun: I Heart Eva Cassidy


Eva Cassidy was a great singer. Her voice - as you will see below - is amazing. She sang blues, jazz, pop, gospel, you name it. She died way too early of cancer. It was a great loss to the world. Fortunately she left us many songs to remember her by. Here are a few I found on Youtube.


Try and tell me this is not the most amazing way this song has ever been sung. Fine, it's a toss up between her and Louis:



I love Katherine McPhee's version too, but I love Eva Cassidy so much, sometimes I feel she can do no wrong. Listen to this, it's live - she's awesome:



Not much to watch here, but Mon Dieu, is this a beautiful, beautiful song and especially beautiful version by the late and great Eva Cassidy:



This is the last one I'm posting, but if you're jonesing for more, go look for her on Youtube, there's a good selection.



Sorry, one more, I couldn't help myself:

No comments: