Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Coco Avant Chanel


I just came across a movie that's coming out this year (22 May, 2009 in Brazil), Coco Avant Chanel, starring Audrey Tatou as Mademoiselle Chanel. I'm not sure Audrey is perfect for the role of Chanel, but the movie looks very fun nontheless. I think perhaps Audrey is cuter than Coco was. To me Coco has a bit more reserved beauty, almost melancholy. She's graceful and glamorous in a way that makes you think she never ran anywhere and always laughed with her head thrown back, cigarette in one hand, champagne in the other, in that classic, gorgeous way. You know what I mean?


I've always been fascinated by the story of Coco Chanel. It's - among other things - a rags to riches story, which never gets boring, especially if it's true. The story of focuses on her humble beginnings and her becoming a designer. It also has a bit of romance and just seems all around glamorous and wonderful. I can't wait for it to come out and I think after you see the trailer you won't either.


I don't know of a single fashionista, perfume lover, makeup and cosmetic junkie who doesn't own something Chanel. I, for one, don't own any clothing of hers, but I do have perfume and makeup that I really love. I still don't own Chanel 5 and that's not cool. Someday....


Without further ado, here's the trailer:

No comments: