Monday, February 9, 2009

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

There are some things in life that come and go. Some preferences that make an appearance for a time and then take a hiatus. Most things we like for a time and then we stop liking them for any number of reasons. Then there are the things we can' t or don't want to do without. People start getting used to seeing us with one thing or another over the years and they become part of who we are, even if we didn't plan it that way. You start to associate people with things they like and eventually if you see one of those things it reminds you of that person, whether you care or not.

Here are some of my favorite things. Some of them I believe are transient - until science improves on them - and some things are permanent.


Jane Austen movies, books, movies about the books, movies about the characters.



Iced tea. Preferably Earl Grey, but I'm not too picky. I drink buckets of it every day.


Coca-Cola Zero. Tastes perfect and has no sugar. A match made in commercial heaven.


Fresh Firebird mascara. Makes my eyelashes look like they're fake, but in a very good way. This mascara allows me to layer coat upon coat without looking like Tammy Faye.


Chanel Aqualumiere lip gloss. Shiny and not sticky. Beautiful array of colors. My favorite is Ironic Tonic, but I love all of them.


MAC lipsticks. I love their reds. They're classy and perfect and there's a big variety to choose from. I also love their other lines and in specific "O" which I've been using for a long time. It's the one in the center, although it looks much darker in the picture than it really is. It's actually a perfect brown burgundy with gold and pink shimmer. Ideal for day or night.


Eternity Summer. It lasts for hours and hours. It's fresh and feminine, delicate and perfect for the hot summer months.



Johnson's Lavender Baby Powder. I love this stuff. Every summer I buy it and it makes me all that much more comfortable. It smells like a good long baby nap after a nice cold shower.


Mitsubishi Uniball pen. I keep buying this same pen over and over again. It's just that good.



Tank tops. Where I live they're a must if you want to survive.


L'Occitane liquid shower gel. It smells divine and makes you can feel perfectly pampered.


A good loofah. Makes fun suds in the shower and helps you feel extra clean. It also prevents you from using up too much of your nice liquid soap, so it lasts longer when using a loofah.



Blistex Lip Ointement. Nothing quenches dry lips like this. It's addictive, it's so good. I don't know what I'd do if I ran out.


Sleeping Eye Mask. A must for a good weekend nap.


Havaianas. I use them almost exclusively. I have different ones in different colors - never as many as I want - and change them depending on my clothes. I don't know how not to use them.

1 comment:

angie said...

Havaianas are wonderful, tank tops too and most Jane Austen movies - they're usually funner than the books and only last 2 hours :)