Friday, March 5, 2010

Comment J'aime la Pluie


This past week we have experienced a slight break from our infernal summer with temperatures ranging from hot, hotter, and the punishing flames of hell. The land is singing in response to this week's rain and while traipsing around by bus in the rain is less than cool, those of us who aren't hiding from it, are greatly enjoying it.

The sun is peaking its head through the clouds as I write, but there is a promise of rain in the air and I'll bet later this afternoon our city will be blessed with a mild downpour. It is by no means cold, it is just perfect, so choosing the right perfume is not difficult. Basically anything will do, however, I find myself reaching for a select few:

Burberry Touch - this is a new addition to my perfume collection and one I am very fond of. It has a leather note that wafts in and out. The perfume itself is very transparent and quite perfect for a rainy day that is neither cold nor hot.

Clinique Simply - I shed a tear whenever I think about it being discontinued. What poo-heads the Clinique execs are. Seriously. This is a classy perfume that is light and comforting. There is a roasted soy note throughout its development that is a bit smokey and ads just the right amount of depth to this beautiful fragrance. Every time I wear it I am in awe of the perfumer and what he was able to accomplish - his inspiriation being his newborn baby's milk only diet heavenly scented skin.

Guerlain Apres L'Ondee - this perfume smells exactly like a flower garden after a rain shower. It's amazing. There is a haunting violet and iris smell that elevates the soul and lifts the spirit. I love, love, love it. It is in my top 5 favorite perfumes of all times along with it's older sister L'Heure Bleue.

Guerlain launched a perfume called Quand Vient la Pluie that I can't wait to try. It's one of those super extravagant ones, so I'll probably just have to content myself with a sample.

No comments: