Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I Walk

One of my new year's resolutions was to start walking. Actually, to be more specific, it was to want to walk. Yeah, that hasn't happened yet, but I'm on my way. Today I woke up early and went walking with HRH at the beach. He likes to jog but was feeling under the weather so he walked with me. It was nice, pleasant even, and I think it's wise to take advantage of what we have - beaches, heat, coconut water, yada yada. I keep thinking one day I'll move to a seriously cold place and look back fondly at our furnace of a city and toaster-like beaches. - Fingers crossed. I would love to wake up one day and be excited about vacationing in the heat. When you live in a vacation spot like where we live, you end up dreaming of vacationing in the mountains and snow. This place would be perfect:

The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Canada
or better yet, same place, in the winter:

First thing I did was wash my face - my moisturizer is awesome, by the way. I'm using Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference and when I wake up and wash my face feels like a baby's bottom. Very cool. Back to my morning, then I added a generous quantity of sunblock on my face, a different one for my arms and neck, and yet another one on my lips. Wow. I know that seems excessive, but my face is sensitive to sunblock - my eyes especially - so I have to use 3 different kinds, not to mention I was wearing a hat, so I skipped on hair sunblock. The sun sucks. The reason why I went through all this hullabaloo is because I want to avoid looking like my Aunt (I remember when I was young thinking she looked like my Mother's purse - and I was really young, like 5yrs), or even worse, like this:

Donatella Versace - yikes

No comments: