Monday, October 6, 2008

Spring Picnic




Today we went on a blissful spring picnic. What wonderful fun! There’s an old time charm to them. We had sandwiches, chips, brownies, grapes and mate. Good times! We all brought books and spent some time reading afterwards. I’m reading book 2 of the Outlander series, Dragonfly in Amber. It’s getting really good, but there are some bad things afoot, so I’m a bit concerned.

During our picnic we had an unexpected visitor, a Capivara. It’s an animal that is native to these parts and is protected by IBAMA and lives in the park we picnic in. There are also micos (small monkeys) and another creature that we have yet to identify.

We had some spirited and enlightened conversations where we came to the unanimous conclusion that Walt Disney should have been awarded a Nobel Prize for bringing so much joy to the world. We also concluded that bird watching is a bore. It’s like going on a stakeout without the promise of action or snacks.

The only thing I regret is not having brought my hats. I have all these beautiful picnic hats and when the time came for them to fulfill their purpose, I forgot to bring them. Damn, I guess we’ll just have to go again.


3 comments:

Mary Drumond said...

I don't care what you all say...that capivara was scary as hell!

fmd74 said...

The capivara was so sweet. He came by, said hello and left. It was cool.

Mary Drumond said...

Bull!
He wanted to steal my grapes and eat Fletcher's face! I just know it!!
ARG!!